Re: Using X$KCBRBH table...

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1993 07:16:50 GMT

In article <1rouc5$7qb_at_bsdns.brooks.af.mil>, eckhardg_at_brooks.af.mil (Gary Eckhardt) writes:

.
.
stuff deleted
.
> >>Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Oracle did in fact respond today to this, and it wasn't exactly what I was
> looking
> for. I thought that I would post this for the sake of others. The problem is
> with
> VAX/VMS RDBMS 6.0.35, parallel option.
>
> Basically, it's a bug, and it won't be fixed until V7. Even if you're running
> your instance of Oracle in exclusive mode, it won't write values to the
> table.
>
> I seem to be getting the "It'll be fixed in V7" answer more and more nowadays.
> Anyone else?

Got something similar from support. There was this internal error on our machine which had been reported 7 times previously in the last 3 years with Oracle V6.

The answer I got was, Oracle worldwide support could not replicate the problem and so could not fix it BUT things should be OK in Oracle 7. The logic behind this is that the section of code that was in question was re-written for Oracle 7.

There were 2-3 other problems whose solution was to wait for Oracle 7 as well. Hmmmm...

--
 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  __       /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Invest Mgmt,Aust (ACN 004021809)