Experience w/Oracle & Sybase on the same host

From: Oracle Administration <dba_matt_at_dbserv1.ssc.gov>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1993 20:19:22 GMT

I'm interested in hearing comments from anybody who may have experience using both Sybase and Oracle on the same host.

  1. Can both of these databases coexist on the same host?
  2. If they are both on the same host, are there any limitations?
  3. What is involved with sharing data between these two systems?
  4. Can data sharing be performed with C code?
  5. Does Oracle support Sybase through its Oracle*Connect product?

Thank you. If responses are directedly to me, I will post a synopsis of the information.

Matt Burke

 Matthew J. Burke				   dba_matt_at_dbserv1.is.ssc.gov
 Database Consultants, Inc.					(214) 392-0955
 DBA Group					                (214) 708-5023