Oracle Internals, Base tables

From: Ed Wells <edw_at_wells.wells.com>
Date: 27 Apr 93 22:14:15 GMT

  Does anyone have any FAQ's, .doc files or other helpful information on Oracle's internal base files? I have a bit of this myself from just compairing field to field in various files. I'm in the process of writing a program that will dynamically backup from one system to another automatically. This way, if a table gets added/deleted, the program will always be scanning the base of the system to determine what has to be changed on the destination system, and to keep the integrity of the second system as close as possible to the image on the first machine.

  I'm told that SQL*Net works great for remote login to databases on one or more machines, but doesn't work well with a large bulk of data. My best solution seems to be a TCP/IP connection on each machine and using Ethernet hardware. Again, any opinions on this?

  I'm interested in any opinions that anyone has in regards to other cures to this problem.

  I don't read this group all of the time, so please send your replies to 'edw_at_wells.com'.

  Thanks

Edward E. Wells Jr., N3IAS, President		    Voice: (215)-943-6061
Wells Computer Systems Corp., Box 343, Levittown, Pa. 19058
{wells.com,dsi.com,dsinc,bcccix,francis}!wells!edw