Logging in via an installed shareable on VMS

From: Greg Sommerville <gsommer_at_andersen.com>
Date: 26 Apr 1993 16:34:15 -0500

This should be a challenge for all you Oracle gurus out there:

I'm running Oracle V6 on VMS 5.4. I have an installed shareable image that is linked with Oracle. This image does an Oracle connect using a name and password I pass in. Once I return from this image, I am unable to perform any SQL statements, because, according to sqlca.sqlcode, I am not logged in yet (error -1012).

I know I need to pass some context information from the shareable back to my original program, but I don't know what to pass.

Any advice? Received on Mon Apr 26 1993 - 23:34:15 CEST

Original text of this message