Re: Drop a cluster but keep the tables - how?

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1993 19:04:27 GMT

cml8_at_prijat.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) writes:
>Can anyone tell me the easiest way to drop a cluster, but
>keep its tables, indexes, grants, data, etc.? I have a few ideas,
>but they seem rather complicated. Please e-mail me directly to below
>address. Thank you in advance.

The ONLY way to drop a cluster and keep the tables upon which it depends is to recreate each table, index, grant, data, etc as a series of

  CREATE TABLE NEW_table AS SELECT * FROM OLD_table;   GRANT {Privileges} on NEW_table TO users;   and eventually:
  DROP TABLE OLD_TABLE;
  DROP CLUSTER OLD_CLUSTER;
  RENAME NEW_table to OLD_table;

-Andy

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, Vista-Chrome, Inc., Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
GEnie Unix RoundTable Manager, andy_at_vistachrome.com, andy_at_genie.geis.com.