Forms 3.0 Pages

From: Mike Sullivan <mike.sullivan_at_sqlware.com>
Date: 23 Apr 93 22:02:00 GMT

I have a question concerning using pop-up pages in FORMS 3.0. I have the following form:

Page 1 has one block - the user enters data into some of the fields. They hit EXECUTE QUERY and I have a trigger that copies the data entered to another block on page 2, goes to block 2, and then does an EXECUTE QUERY using the copied data from page 1. What I would like to happen, is after the query is performed, I'd like to pop-up a page (page 3) that explains what the query results mean.

I defined page 3 to have a dummy field that belongs to block 2 along with the explanatory text on multiple lines next to this dummy field (I have found that I need a field to navigate to on a page for the page to pop-up - not all the time though?). I would like this page to pop-up on a small portion of the page with the query results.

The problem is, the page pops-up on page 1 and not page 2. I even defined an ON-NEW-FIELD-INSTANCE trigger on page 2's first field that does a GO_FIELD to the dummy, and the pop-up still appears on the first page.

The SHOW_PAGE packaged procedure doesn't seem to work either and I don't know why. I put the SHOW_PAGE in the ONFI trigger, but it doesn't seem to fire or if it does, it displays page 3 underneath page 2!

Any suggestions?
Confused

---
 . SLMR 2.0 . All wiyht.  Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

----