Re: Oracle/Ingres both together?

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au>
Date: 23 Apr 93 06:35:49 GMT

lederman_at_eisner.decus.org writes:
> Can Ingres client applications access an Oracle database server?
> If so, what kind of support is required (products/effort)?
> Can Oracle client applications access an Ingres database server?
> If so, what kind of support is required (products/effort)?
Looks like you need a gateway. You'll have to do a fair bit of this yourself using database pipes (v7) or XA (v7).

> Other comments or suggestions which might help (keeping in mind
> that we can't change the Government's procurement procedures) are
> welcome.
Write as much as you can in ingres-perl or oraperl and plan on moving to DBperl when it comes around. Saves a lot of effort, particularly if

--
David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11