Re: PL/SQL and FORMS30 questions

From: David Edwards /DP <ded_at_kps.se>
Date: 23 Apr 93 09:20:58 GMT

In article <1ii7jjINNoi3_at_terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu> pha_at_citi.umich.edu (Paul H. Anderson) writes:
+1) setting the date in a displayed, but non-enterable field.
+
+ I have a pre-record trigger that is attempting to automatically
+ store the date of entry into a base table field. If I convert the
+ date, and store it in some other enterable field (e.g. a character
+ comment field), etc, it shows up. (hence the trigger is working like I want).
+ Likewise, if I set the field to be enterable, I can have it's value
+ appear there (override any default value).
+ However, when I do the fairly obvious, which is to set a displayed,
+ but non-enterable date field equal to sysdate, nothing shows up.
+ How can I do this?
+
+
+Paul Anderson
+pha_at_umich.edu

Set the default value to $$DATE$$ for a date field. The strange thing is one needs a form mask if you do this. I use YYMMDD although I suppose any valid date format could be used. (The default mask for dates
is not used).

This way you avoid triggers and keep the form simple.

David Edwards
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= The surface of the strange, forbidden planet was roughly textured and
green, much like cottage cheese gets way after the date on the lid says it is all right to buy it.--Scott Jones Received on Fri Apr 23 1993 - 11:20:58 CEST

Original text of this message