Replication

From: Jim Fitzgerald <jimf_at_i88.isc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1993 18:09:45 GMT

I am designing a system with high availability requirements (7x24 read-only) and (7x16 read/write). Using Oracle 6.0 on a Sun server, is it possible to (automatically) maintain exact duplicates on a "backup" server on a LAN/WAN TCP-IP network, with identical software ? If so, how ? What tools would be needed ? As I migrate to Oracle 7.0, are there new tools to enable this process (table replication services) ?

Please reply to sean_at_i88.isc.com. Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Apr 21 1993 - 20:09:45 CEST

Original text of this message