Re: Can Oracle on a VAX speak DECNet *and* TCP/

From: Kenneth Melcher <kmelcher_at_rafael.Arco.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1993 22:15:19 GMT

In article qob_at_hermes.ath.epa.gov, kbw_at_helios.ath.epa.gov (Kevin B. Weinrich) writes:
>Is it straightforward
>to have the Oracle server on the VAX speak to both DEC-Net and TCP/IP
>clients?

As long as you've got TCP/IP and DECnet up and running on the VAX, along with SQL*net TCP/IP and SQL*net DECnet, your clients should be able to connect to ORACLE on the VAX with either protocol without any trouble.

---
Ken Melcher                            *  I  am  typing  real  slow  because
e-mail: kmelcher_at_arco.com              *  I  know  you  can't  read  very fast.