X-window Problem when using Case Designer from PC

From: Fred Widall <dp70_at_mc4adm.UWaterloo.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 17:39:30 GMT

We've encountered a problem running Case Designer on a PC running X-windows, and we're looking for help.

Our problem is that when running the "Entity Relationship Diagrammer" the window blanks when any mouse button is pressed. This makes it very difficult to use. The problem only occurs on a number of PCs we have running X-windows; it works fine on on our NCD x-terminals. To add to the confusion it also works on some PCs, which seem to be configured the same as the ones that don't work.

Our PCs have 4Mb of memory, run Windows 3.1, Ftp's PCTCP v2.11 software, & eXceed/W v3.1.2. We have Case Designer installed on both a Sun Sparc 2, and IBM 6000. We've not encountered any problems with other X applications, just Case Designer.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem with windows blanking ?? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks.

Fred. Received on Mon Apr 19 1993 - 19:39:30 CEST

Original text of this message