Problem with Archive Log with HP-UX 9.0 and Oracle 6.0.36.7

From: Barry A. Suskind <suskind_at_melpar.esys.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1993 12:09:35 GMT

We have just upgraded to HP-UX 9.0 using the Logical Volume Manager to configure the disks on the system. We are also running Oracle Version 6.0.36.7.1.
The system is an HP 9000/827 with all SCSI disk drives.

We are having problems with the Archive Logger. It is returning I/O Errors when running, when in fact there are no errors on any of the disks as reported by HP-UX. In another case, the Archive Logger for no reason, stopped in the middle of writing a log file and restarted again.

Is there a problem with using LVM with HP-UX 9.0 or is it just Oracle?

Barry Suskind                      This space intentionally left blank
Internet: suskind_at_melpar.esys.com
UUCP:     uunet!melpar!suskind              Ma Bell: 703-560-5000x2348
E-systems / Melpar Division 7700 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church VA 22046