Re: SQL*Net connections

From: Ken Hall <kh11_at_prism.gatech.EDU>
Date: 16 Apr 93 19:32:46 GMT

In article <92951_at_hydra.gatech.EDU> kh11_at_prism.gatech.EDU (Ken Hall) writes:
>Does anyone know the upper limit of sql*net connections to a unix machine that
>has a limit of 16 ethernet telnet connections? Is there any correlation?

Here's an answer I got for those interested.

There isn't any correlation, the limit on telnet probably just means the number of ptys available for it. The first limit you'll run into is probably the # of processes (in init.ora), the second limit is the number of processes (per user) allowed on the system, this is a tunable parameter. The third limit is the number of tcp channels available on the box (usually pretty high).

v.q.hoang_at_att.com

--
Ken Hall - Department Manager|Voice: 404 894 5559|Internet:
Ga Tech                      |Beeper:404 651 0362|ken.hall_at_business.gatech.edu