Re: DDL lock, timeout!

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1993 02:54:12 GMT

namita_at_cs.uh.edu (Namita Tripathy) writes:

|> Hi!
|> I am running Dynamic SQL and everytime I execute an ALTER TABLE option
|> from my Motif Interface, I get an error:
|>
|> ORA-00058: timeout occurred while waiting for DDL lock

If another user (or even another open cursor within your session) is accessing that table with a SELECT, it will have a DDL lock on that object until the cursor is closed. This will prevent the ALTER TABLE command from being executed.

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Apr 16 1993 - 04:54:12 CEST

Original text of this message