SQL*PLUS BUG

From: Yee Lew <lew_at_oodis01.af.mil>
Date: 15 Apr 93 15:44:21 GMT

The problem is that when one terminates a statement in a SQL*PLUS script file with a semicolon, or inserts one too many slashes, the previous SQL command will run twice. This will also happen if you put a slash after a HOST command or a START command where the called script file ended with a slash.

While easy to work around, if by force of habit I put in a semicolon my scripts either take several hours longer to run or completely ruin the data, as in the case when I am multiplying a column by itself in an UPDATE statement.

Is this still a problem in Oracle V7 and is there any way to turn off this anomalous behavior in Oracle V6?

      Thanks,
         Mark Butler