ORACLE ON VAX CLUSTERS

From: Jared Hecker <jared.hecker_at_factory.com>
Date: 14 Apr 93 10:06:00 GMT

JF>How does this work. At what point do added nodes degrade the performance JF>of Oracle as it has to manage locks for many CPU's?

James -

Basically you should not be using VAXclusters for transactions processing systems as, last time I looked, Oracle was still using the CI bus to manage buffer cache update requests. As to where the point of diminishing marginal performance is, that is very much a function of application design and data stes being accessed. I don't think I'd want to run more than eight nodes doing this, as CI traffic can get pretty congested in this type of environment.

Basically, follow the Oracle guidelines here in terms of data access.

hth --

jh

---
 . MR/2 1.39x NR . Larry is no Oracle!!