Re: orawiz Oracle Mailing List (Canberra, Australia)

From: <pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 14 Apr 93 09:51:49 +1000

In article <1993Apr12.233537.13169_at_cmutual.com.au>, aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu) writes:

> To Australia's Oracle Community,
>
> Does anyone know what has happened to the host machine 'dshroot.dsh.oz.au'
> that
> was used to maintain the Oracle mailing list?
>
> All my email to that site have been bouncing back saying
> 550 dshroot.dsh.oz.au (TCP)... 550 Host unknown
> 554 orawiz_at_dshroot.dsh.oz.au... 550 Host unknown (Authoritative answer from
> name server)
> .
>
> If there is someone from that site reading this message, could you please pass
> on
> this message to the relevent party or you could email me directly.

I just called Merik and it appears they are having problems which they hope to have rectified by Friday or early next week at the latest.

He will post an item when they're back.

He appologises profusely for the inconvenience and heads will roll as soon as he finds a likely scapegoat.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_hhcs.gov.au

"If you swallow a live frog first thing in the morning ...
 Nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day."

* Bruce Pihlamae  --  Database Administration                     *
* Commonwealth Department of Health, Housing & Community Services *
* Canberra, Australia                             (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have.        *