Re: Oracle V6.0.36.7.1, HPUX 8.02, unsat sym $$sh_func_adrs

From: Rick Jones <raj_at_cup.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1993 20:15:43 GMT

Mark Bixby (markb_at_spock.dis.cccd.edu) wrote:
: ...
: We called Oracle, and they are currently clueless. It's probably something
: stupid like a missing library in a makefile.
: ...

Whenever I want to see if a function is in a library, and which library, I will often cd into the directory with the libs (/usr/lib, etc...) and then do some thing like this (in ksh):

for i in lib*
do
echo Searching $i
nm $i | grep "what_I_m_looking_for"
done

paying careful attention to functions having names containing special symbols for regular expressions. I suppose that one could use fgrep instead... Also, it is important to look and see if what grep spits-out is actually a satisfied symbol...

rick jones
I am in a maze of twisty little opinions, all my own... Received on Tue Apr 13 1993 - 22:15:43 CEST

Original text of this message