Oracle V6.0.36.7.1, HPUX 8.02, unsat sym $$sh_func_adrs

From: Mark Bixby <markb_at_spock.dis.cccd.edu>
Date: 13 Apr 1993 09:52:56 -0700

We just upgraded Oracle to V6.0.36.7.1, and now when we try to compile our Pro*C and Pro*COBOL applications with embedded SQL, /bin/ld barfs with an unsatisfied symbol of $$sh_func_adrs.

We called Oracle, and they are currently clueless. It's probably something stupid like a missing library in a makefile.

We'd greatly appreciate a solution from anybody that's seen this problem. The issue is hot here, with multiple people sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for a resolution. Please send e-mail, and I'll summarize later.

Thanks!

--
Mark Bixby                         Internet: markb_at_cccd.edu
Coast Community College District   1370 Adams Avenue