Oracle FORMS Query

From: Ranadeva Peries <rana_at_cs.uwa.oz.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1993 07:28:58 GMT

FORMS 3 QUERY.    Dear Oracle experts,

      I am posting the following query for a friend who does not
      have internet access. If you can help, please send your
      replies to the following address.

      rana_at_cs.uwa.edu.au

      Thanks in advance for your help.

   My database contains two tables. They are as follows:
   Table 1: LINES                     TABLE 2: TREATMENTS

   Fields:  REF_NO    CHAR 2          Fields:  TCODE    CHAR  2
            COLLECTOR CHAR 15                  TNAME    CHAR  15
            TCODE     CHAR 2

   I would like to build a FORM with a multi line block to display    the contents of the LINES table. However, I would like the    TNAME field corresponding to the TCODE in LINES to appear next to it.

   I expect the multi-line block to look like this.

   REF_NO COLLECTOR TCODE TNAME    If I define LINES as the BASE table for the block, how can I    get the TNAME field to be retrieved from the TREATMENTS table.

   Do I need to define a second block for the TREATMENTS table. I    would like to perform an 'EXECUTE_QUERY' from a trigger to    display the records.