Clustering Tables Experience?

From: Ray Dutcher <rdutc_at_ia.mc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1993 15:52:51 GMT

In trying to get optimal performance we are considering using clusters. I've reviewed all the considerations mentioned in the Oracle manuals and these two frequently joined tables qualify as candidates for using a clustered index. We have no experience with clusters. My question to the group then: does anybody have any experiences they could lend regarding the use of clusters, pros and cons? I'd appreciate any responses to assist me in weighing the feasibility of using clusters for my particular case.

 We are trying it out on a test system and comparing performance to the version without clusters.

Thank you in advance,
Ray Dutcher
Oracle DBA
Xerox Corp.
1350 Jefferson Rd., 801-15A
Rochester, NY 14623 Received on Fri Apr 09 1993 - 17:52:51 CEST

Original text of this message