Re: Oracle support of binary fields

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1993 19:02:01 GMT

ortelio_at_remus.rutgers.edu (Fred Ortelio) writes:
>Sorry if this is in the FAQ but I didn't see anything like this...but
>does Oracle support binary image data?
>Thanks for any help
>Fred
>ortelio_at_remus.rutgers.edu

Yes. In a "RAW" or "LONG RAW" column it will support binary untranslated untouched data. The CASE products support a type called "IMAGE" but I've never watched what DDL it generates for this.

-Andy

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, Vista-Chrome, Inc., Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
GEnie Unix RoundTable Manager, andy_at_vistachrome.com, andy_at_genie.geis.com.