Re: Echoing keystokes with Case*Dictionary...

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_victory.oracle.uk.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1993 08:26:41 GMT

In article <1993Apr6.035947.28272_at_uws.EDU.AU>, roleary_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au (Rocqueforte OLeary) writes:
|> G'day,
|> Does any kind soul out there know how to echo keystokes to a file
|> with Case*Dictionary, in such a way that it will record *all* the
|> information you enter. I have tried casedict -e filename.txt but
|> all I get with that is the keystokes for selecting the menu
|> options...I need to also get the data entry parts (e.g. when I enter
|> a user, I would likje the name to be echoed to the file). Any help
|> on this would be much appreciated.

The option -e filename.txt *does* echo all the keystrokes.

With CASE*Dictionary Version 5.0.22 I used the -e filename option as follows:

casedict sstow/sstow -c case_sun:default -m p -e fred.keys

After the session fred.keys contained:

; Generated by SQL*Forms (Run Form) and SQL*Menu (Run Menu) mapping

<Return>
<Return>
<Right>
<Return>
<Return>

c h a r c a s e <Return>
<Return>
<Execute Query>
<Next Block>
<Next Block>

A \b t e s t \b f o r \b t h e \b k e y s t r o k e \b f i l e <Return> l i n e \b 2 <Return>
l i n e \b 3 <Commit Transaction>
<Exit/Cancel>
<Exit/Cancel>

Rocqueforte, if this is not working for you please send me version details etc and we'll see if we can find out why not.

Regards

	Simon Stow
	Product Manager
	CASE Worldwide Marketing