Re: Adding existing term defs to a default resource file

From: Martin Jarvis <smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1993 07:32:44 +0000

Matthew D. Bennett (mdb423_at_utah.et.byu.edu) wrote:

: I have a quick question:

: In the ORA*TERM documentation it makes it sound like the default resource file
: for SQL*Forms 3.0 can contain more than a single terminal definition. Is this
: true and if so, is there any way of adding already existing resource files to
: this single default resource file without typing everything in by hand?

: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

: Matthew D. Bennett

Yes it is possible to have definitions for multiple devices in a single resource file. In the past I have concatinated two together, but I wouldnt recomend it for two reasons :-

  1. There's no guarantee that it will work again
  2. When runform runs a .frm file it has to read the whole of the resource file to find out what it needs. This takes time and will slow your application.

Stick to separate resource files.

Regards,

Martin

   Martin Jarvis                         |    John Brown E & C Ltd,
   smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk               |    1 Buckingham Street,
   Martin Jarvis /JBEC-Portsmouth, IT | Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK