Re: Creating new resource files

From: Martin Jarvis <smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1993 07:25:28 +0000

Mark Hessling (mark_at_snark.itc.gu.edu.au) wrote:
: I will shortly be adding support for up to 12 more terminal types for
: Oracle, each of which will be similar to an already existing resource file.
: As far as I am aware, there is no way to copy a resource file to another
: name and also change the name of the device inside the resource file. If
: I am mistaken, I would greatly appreciate being told so, and more importantly
: how to do it.
: If anyone has tricks to get around this shortcoming in Oracle*Terminal I
: would love to hear about them. I have already tried using a binary file
: editor on the resource files, and it works as long as the new name of the
: device is the same length as the old one. This unfortunately will not be
: the case with most of the new resource files I am creating.

: Any help greatly appreciated, Mark
: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Mark Hessling Email: M.Hessling_at_gu.edu.au
: DBA,ITS Phone: +617 875 7691
: Griffith University Fax: +617 875 5314
: Nathan, Brisbane QLD 4111 Australia *** PDCurses Maintainer ***

Mark,

Inside oraterm, select Modify from the the Device menu and simply type over the name of the device, then use the Save As option of the File menu to save the resource file with a different name.

Regards,

Martin

   Martin Jarvis                         |    John Brown E & C Ltd,
   smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk               |    1 Buckingham Street,
   Martin Jarvis /JBEC-Portsmouth, IT | Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK