Re: 7.0.12 install problems on SunOS 4.1

From: Hans Bergsten 66784 <ebuhob_at_ebu.ericsson.se>
Date: 4 Apr 93 04:20:10 GMT

Okay, I goofed a bit, but I *still* have problems getting 7.0.12 installed.

My last posting ended with
>Can anyone tell me why ORACLE thinks home directories in /opt is such a bad idea?
>Are there any work arounds, besides the obvious one of moving the home directory?

ORACLE did not object to the name of the home directory (of course), but the way it was accessed. I had a strange setup with automounted directories, links and other stuff, but that is irrelevant. When I fixed by setup, I was able to go on with the installation.

Next problem was file names on the CD. There are files (ymtrans.tbl) that seem to be intended for mapping of file names on the CD to file names used on the specific architecture. It seems, however, as the install program ignores this information. There are at least a million (it felt like it ;-) files with different name on the CD compared to the name requested on the architecture. Since I can't rename the files on the CD, I ended up setting up a link structure to the CD, renaming all links to correct names. It sounds easy, but installing this way took roughly 6 hours, since I always missed one file and had to restart over and over again :-(

Okay, finally install claimed that everything was installed. I was happy as a clam, and started to test if things that didn't work before worked now. I did not come very far, because as soon as I tried to create a Stored Procedure I got

  ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

I then looked in the installation log, and found the same thing there:

  create package body STANDARD is

                             *

  ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement

Okay, so what is wrong now? I *did* specify the Procedural Extension option when I installed, and I know we even payed for it ;-) Please, is it just me or are there some problems with the 7.0.12 installation for SunOS I should be aware of?

/Hans

---
Hans Bergsten                 	     Internet : ebuhob_at_ebu.ericsson.se
Ericsson Business Communications     MEMO     : ERI.EBU.EBUHOB (God forbid.)
5757 Plaza Drive                     Voice    : +1 (714) 236-6784
Cypress, CA 90630-0007, USA          FAX      : +1 (714) 236-6700