Re: Calling C Functions from Oracle 7 Stored Procedures

From: <roeber_at_vxcrna.cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1993 20:05:34 GMT

In article <1993Apr2.185737.13862_at_bnr.ca>, hris_at_bnr.ca (Jason Lisenchuk) writes:
> I'm interested in having a C function on a client call an Oracle 7 Stored
> Procedure (i.e. a compiled SQL procedure stored on Oracle 7 Server) [that's the
> easy part] *which in turn calls a C function on the server*. Any ideas (other
> than communicating through a table)?

There's supposedly going to be a product RSN called "Open Gateway," which allows you to write programs that make 'other things' look like Oracle tables. This should allow you to do what you want -- write a value to one of your virtual tables, and your 'write' routine will be invoked by the server. Or something like that. Unfortunately, getting any information about this out of Oracle is like pulling teeth.

There were also some tantalizing hints about some "Open" "System" having to do with the letters 'XA', but we haven't been able to get much information about that, either.

--
Frederick G. M. Roeber | CERN -- European Center for Nuclear Research
e-mail: roeber_at_cern.ch or roeber_at_caltech.edu | work: +41 22 767 31 80