Host array to PL/SQL table mapping?

From: Hans Bergsten 66784 <ebuhob_at_ebu.ericsson.se>
Date: 2 Apr 93 07:36:43 GMT

I am trying to use the great feauture of mapping host variable arrays to PL/SQL tables in OCI ORACLE7. I am using obndra() to bind the array and oexec() to execute.

But, even though I pretty much copied the obndra example from the OCI Programmers Guide Version 7.0 (Developer's Release) I can't get it to work. I get various errors, everything from core dumps to the one I have right now:

  ORA-01455: converting column overflows integer datatype.

My host variable is an integer array with 3 element and the PL/SQL table is TABLE OF NUMBER INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER.

Has anyone been succesful with this? Is it a bug that is corrected in version later than 7.0.10?

/Hans

---
Hans Bergsten                 	     Internet : ebuhob_at_ebu.ericsson.se
Ericsson Business Communications     MEMO     : ERI.EBU.EBUHOB (God forbid.)
5757 Plaza Drive                     Voice    : +1 (714) 236-6784
Cypress, CA 90630-0007, USA          FAX      : +1 (714) 236-6700