Re: Oracle 7.0.12 & RS/6000 : Bug in installer script

From: Alan Beal <beal_at_odin.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 93 15:10:24 GMT

Another gotcha to watch out for is if you are running AFS. We defined the oracle userid as a local, non-AFS userid. While running orainst, we got 'UNKOWN_USER while getting group'. This was caused by Oracle trying to find which groups oracle belonged to, but AFS didn't know anything about oracle, so we got an unknow user error. The solution in this case was to bring down AFS during this part of the install.

Alan Beal Received on Wed Mar 31 1993 - 17:10:24 CEST

Original text of this message