help needed in FORMS V3

From: explorer <syed_at_emunix.emich.edu>
Date: 31 Mar 1993 01:46:32 -0600

Hi

      I am using two forms : Order_Info  and maintenance_Info.
      Order_Info has two blocks general and parts, joined as
      master/slave ( general is master block for parts).
      While entering data in Order_Info it comes to a field called
      maintenance_no. There is a pre-field trigger that calls the
      Maintenance_Info form. The operator enters the maintenance
      information and exits. On exit, there is a key-exit trigger
      assigning Maintenance_Info's maintenance_no to a global
      variable :global.m_no and committing the form.

      My problems:
        a)  the data in the Maintenance_Info is not committed,
            although a message comes
                  frm-40404 database posting--complete 1 record posted

        b)  the global variable appears to be empty because
            the select statement in pre-field trigger in Order_Info

                  select :global.m_no into :parts.maintenance_no
                  from  maintenance_Info

            does not shows any number appearing on the Order_Info
            maintenance_no (which is the goal of all this!). By
            the way maintenance_no is

   I guess these two are related: if the data is not committed then    the global is not assigned a value. Am I right in assuming this?

   Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

   My e-mail address is

                          syed_at_emunix.emich.edu

   Thanx in advance. Received on Wed Mar 31 1993 - 09:46:32 CEST

Original text of this message