Re: Looking for Oracle server

From: Bjorn Engsig <bengsig_at_dk.oracle.com>
Date: 26 Mar 93 08:56:44 GMT

Article <1993Mar19.080726_at_abds7.aberdeen.chevron.com> by epeas_at_aberdeen.chevron.com says:

|I also seem to recollect being told by one of Oracle's techies not so long ago
|that if you do go RS6000 you _must_ use raw partitions as the OSYNC flag is not
|supported (ie you can't guarantee a synchronous write).
That is NOT correct. You can use filesystem files or logical volumes (character special files) and have your synchronous writes.

--
Bjorn Engsig, ORACLE Corporation
Internet: bengsig_at_oracle.com, uucp: uunet!oracle!bengsig