SQL Forms - How to view a multi-record query result?

From: Peter Kane <pkane_at_cisco.com>
Date: 24 Mar 93 19:35:54 GMT

Hi everyone, here's my problem.

I need to get user input on data: customer name, start date and end date. Then, I need to run a query against three tables in the database, get multiple records and have those records be reflected in a window on the screen. I understand that I can't have a base table for a query, and everytime I run my select statement, where I'm trying to get the data into the fields on screen, I get the error:

FRM-40735: SELECT_DATA trigger raised unhandled exception TOO_MANY_ROWS.

Is there no way around this? Is the only way to select more than one record into fields on a form to do it through a base table and a default select statement? Is there any way, then, to set up a view to do this?

Thanks,

Peter

pkane_at_cisco.com Received on Wed Mar 24 1993 - 20:35:54 CET

Original text of this message