Re: Default schema...

From: Jason Pritchard <jason_at_lgc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1993 16:05:24 GMT

In article 93Mar17222413_at_ap221sun.oracle.com, alaw_at_oracle.com (Alvin W. Law) writes:
>jason_at_lgc.com (Jason Pritchard) writes:
>
>>In other words, I connect as "a" but want to have "b" as the default
>>schema.
>
>I know it doesn't answer your question but the easy workaround is to
>
> Alvin W. Law .............................................. Oracle Corporation

Thanks.....but, synonyms are not what I need because of the following:

I make two connections as "a". The first connection wants the default as "b", and the second as "c". I haven't had a chance to test this but I believe that the first connection would set the synonyms as object->b.object and then the second connection would override as object->c.object. I might be wrong about this but this is how it seems to be described. The original synonyms "object->b.object" will be lost since I assume that private synonyms are global for the particular schema, namely "a" and not private to each particular connection.

However, if I can change the default quickly, then all I have to do is make sure that the default is set correctly before I issue each query.

Any ideas????

--Jason

Jason Pritchard
Landmark Graphics Corporation
Framework Engineering, Database Technology Group Houston, Texas Received on Thu Mar 18 1993 - 17:05:24 CET

Original text of this message