Re: Oracle RDBMS Technical Feature Summary

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto>
Date: 18 Mar 93 09:23:02 GMT

aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu) writes:

>I believe the information is useful as long as it does not become a sales
>pitch. It should be useful to those already using Oracle as well as those
>considering it.
Yes, I agree, it was *very* glowing in the terms used. Oracle generally does deserve praise tho. I wonder if Dan copied some of it from Oracle literature.

>What would help is to post them maybe once in a few week rather than every now
>and then. Kind of following the FAQ format.
Once a week is perhaps a bit much for the non-DBA I am posting now. Version 0.3 should be released in a week or so. Unless there is a *huge* disagreement from you people out there, I think somewhere between two and four weeks is more reasonable.

I understand from Kevin (author of the DBA FAQ) that he is doing a *major* revision of it. In the meantime, if you guys need it posted again, let me know.

BTW - Any more ideas on things to put in the non-DBA FAQ. Get them to me within the week and I'll try and merge them into the 0.3 version, which will have a contents "page" and be much more formal.

--
David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11