triggers

From: Shridar Ganti <ganti_at_cs.uh.edu>
Date: 17 Mar 1993 14:57:32 GMT

Hi

I would like some information on triggers in Oracle. Oracle7.0 has the support for triggers and in the Action's part of a trigger one can use PL/SQL to specify procedures to be executed.

My question is, suppose I have a daemon process out of the DBMS under the control of the local operating system, is there any way to communicate with this daemon process when the trigger is raised, using a PL/SQL procedure in the Action Part of a Trigger.

In short, is there a method to communicate in and out of the DBMS.

This might be a duplicate posting for which I apologise. I did not see the previous one come out yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sridhar Ganti
ganti_at_cs.uh.edu Received on Wed Mar 17 1993 - 15:57:32 CET

Original text of this message