Re: ORACLE: I'm MAD AS HELL and I'm not going to take it anymore!

From: Allen Pippin <cmaxp01_at_nt.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1993 21:02:08 GMT

Re: ORACLE: I'm MAD AS HELL and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Oracle's distributions have not been a serious problem in our environment. We use both BSD and SVR4 based UNIX's and for the most part, we have had very few problems with distributions.

But...... for the last few releases, say 6.0.33 through 6.0.36, we've been bypassing the load programs and going directly to the tape to get our distributions; it not to hard, the distributions are in a very simple format and familiarity with the product and its distribution makes this easy for us.

Take heart though, it is rumored that the ORACLE7 installer is *much* *more* user friendly. I am looking forward to seeing that in any software distribution tool. Received on Wed Mar 17 1993 - 22:02:08 CET

Original text of this message