Re: PowerBuilder

From: Derek Vandivere <dvand_at_ctp.com>
Date: 14 Mar 93 17:32:08 GMT

In article <1nl8euINNbdk_at_uk-news.uk.sun.com> davina.gray_at_UK.Sun.COM writes:

>In article AAv_at_trc.amoco.com, zjph90_at_hou.amoco.com (John Howard) writes:
>>Can anybody tell me anything about a product called "PowerBuilder"?
>>
>>Specifically, who makes it? who markets it in the UK? and does it
>>run on Unix/TCP-IP/X-Windows?
>>
>>Thanks for any feedback (preferably e-mail).
>
>John - mail to you bounced, hence the posting.
>
> I don't know if this is the product you're looking for, but in an _old_
>(1991) Sun Catalyst book (list of 3rd party software suppliers),
>there's a product called "Power Build" listed.
>
><deletia>
>Cheers,
>
>Davina

Sorry, no prize. PowerBuilder is a 4GL interface builder for MS_Windows. It provides relatively integration with databases. It's put out, I believe, by a company called PowerSoft. Our company has used it on one or two projects, and reactions were genearlly good. If you want more info, email me.

                        -dersk

|Derek A. Vandivere           |dvand_at_ctp.com|      This space unintentionally |
|Cambridge Technology Partners|(617)374-8278|            left blank.          |