Re: [Q] Oracle v7 versus Sybase

From: Jeff Kopmanis <jeffk_at_cyberspace.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1993 03:28:56 GMT

Fair enough. More info...

We'll be running the DBMS on a Sun Sparc-10 with 64MB and LOTS of disk space. The data set is VERY large--probably record counts in the millions. We'll be interfacing with ESRI ARC/INFO. Networking: Yes, what type I don't know, and my supervisor probably doesn't know either. We're gonna have DOS machines running X-emulators connected as terminals, as best as I can tell. Queries: We'll be looking up stuff based on 3 or 4 key values.

Thats about all I can think of right now. Unfortunately, the info on the project is given out on a need-to-know basis, and evidently, I don't need to know yet. Frustrating, since I'm one of two people that are considered "major members of the team". Whoops! Gotta put that company hat back on!

-Jeff.  :)
Jeff Kopmanis                                          jeffk_at_cyberspace.org
(313) 769-6911 (home)                                 (313) 393-4784 (work)