Re: Keep questions AND answers on the net

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 16:12:46 GMT

In article <1993Mar9.011223.10250_at_ml.csiro.au>, jstander_at_ml.csiro.au (Jeff Stander) writes:
> In article 24143_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com, colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:
> >If anyone has encountered these problems and have a solution,
> >or can state authoritatively that there is no solution, I'd
> >appreciate an e-mail>
> >

> I keep reading requests (like this one) for people to EMAIL their
> answers. For questions of general interest or problems with SQL*FORMS,
> SQL*PLUS, etc there are usually a lot of netwatchers like me who look
> for the answers, which are often pertinent to their work. I find all
> too often I am sending a "me too" request to the author of the query
> because he has requested an e-mail reply. IMHO I don't think you should
> be so humble as to assume that a large number of readers wouldn't also be
> interested.

I should have made it clearer that I would post the answers that I got. The problem with posting is that when you ask a simple question you get 20 postings of simple answers. Easier to get them by e-mail and post the results.

marc colten Received on Wed Mar 10 1993 - 17:12:46 CET

Original text of this message