Re: Help needed on SQL*FORMS30

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 16:04:51 GMT

In article <casivils.731603929_at_node_508ba>, casivils_at_lescsse.jsc.nasa.gov (craig sivils) writes:
> In <1993Mar5.172257.24143_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com> colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:
>

> >Well, I'm back again. I'm on a new project and I'm slamming head
> >on into the restrictions of ORACLE and the outright lies of the
> >sql*forms manual.

> >Briefly, here is where I am right now. Part of the problem is
> >that I inherited this project from someone else and I am stuck
> >with modifying their work.

> >I have a field with an L.O.V. and there is a Key-NXTFLD trigger on
> >it that anyalyses the user entry and goes to a different field
> >depending on the value. The users have requested that they not
> >have to enter a carriage return after double clicking on a value
> >in the L.O.V. window. This sounded reasonable so I looked into it
> >and found the following:
>
> Use the key-listval trigger, not post-change, not key-nxtfld.
>
> Craig

My thanks to Craig and everyone else who responded. For those who wanted it posted, let me say I created a "Key-LISTVAL" trigger, put "LIST_VALUES" at the top and then added the text from the "Key-NXTFLD" trigger and it works just find. You pick from the list of values and it goes from there.

marc colten Received on Wed Mar 10 1993 - 17:04:51 CET

Original text of this message