Re: PL/SQL run from SQL*Plus

From: <champs_at_hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 9 Mar 93 09:06:14 +1100

> Here's your problem:
>
> You forgot the BEGIN at the top of the PL/SQL block
>

>>   declare  CURSOR C1 IS
>>   SELECT I.SESSION_CODE,req_TIME,X_LENGTH,FULL_SESS,
>>          START_TIME,MINS,EXAM_DATE
>>   FROM   I.INVIG_SESSION I,X_SESSION X
>>   WHERE  I.SESSION_CODE = X.SESSION_CODE
>>   AND    X.SESSION_CODE IN (SELECT SESSION_CODE
>>                             FROM INVIG_SESSION
>>                             WHERE INVIG_SESSION.STUD_NO = '123456');
>> CREC C1%ROWTYPE;
>> FINISH NUMBER;
>> BEGIN
>>     OPEN C1;

I apologize profusly Michael. You HAVE included the BEGIN and the DECLARE statements. I'm so blind I missed them both. What can I say ? I was possessed by a malevolent alien intelligence (or stupidity, your choice) and was unable to stop it as it used my body to send that evil posting to the net.

And here was I, reading other peoples postings and saying "they're all blind, they can't see that the begin is missing".

How embarassing.

Steven "bumps into the furniture even during the daytime" Champness.

    /\       Steven Champness (champs_at_hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Dept Health Housing and Community Services
  /    \     Brisbane Queensland
 /      \     via

/ / \ Canberra Australia
\ / / /
 \/ / / / MACINTOSH SOFTWARE AXIOM : If you need a manual to operate it
  \/ / /                                it wasn't designed properly in the
   \/ /                                 first place !