Re: JAM & Oracle

From: Todd Young <tyoung_at_stpaul.ncr.com>
Date: 8 Mar 93 19:13:06 GMT

In article <1n0l9cINNrqk_at_rave.larc.nasa.gov> p228_at_uni05.larc.nasa.gov (Bailey Bob) writes:

>I am interested in getting some feedback from anyone that has used JAM from
>Jyacc to access an Oracle (or any others for that matter) database. I am
>particularly interested in anyone who could compare/contrast the product
>with SQL*Forms, but I would welcome any other comments about your impression
>of JAM - i.e. ease of use, problems encountered, Jyacc Tech Support (good/bad?), etc.

>Thanks,
>Bob Bailey (p228_at_uni05.larc.nasa.gov)
>.

As an avid user of JAM in both Unix character mode and MS/Windows, I feel that there is no comparison. The speed, flexibilty, and portability offered by JAM can't be touched by any other product.

Besides supporting X-Windows, MS Windows, DOS, and Unix platforms too numerous to mention, the plug and play architecture of the database interface makes it invaluable. If you switch databases, you can pretty much just re-compile.

I see JAM as an ideal environment for developing any type of database interface application, be it client or standard. I have had good luck with the support people at JYACC. They respond to the users needs and seen genuinely interested in assisting you.

Todd Young Todd.Young_at_St.Paul.NCR.com NCR Corp.
612-638-7582
"What, Me Worry ?" Received on Mon Mar 08 1993 - 20:13:06 CET

Original text of this message