Oracle 7.0.12 Install on SunOS

From: Kenneth Melcher <kmelcher_at_rafael.Arco.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 21:03:27 GMT

I'm having serious problems getting the installation program orainst to work on SunOS. I am installing from a CD-ROM, and I have encountered several "FILE_NOT_FOUND" error messages. In attempting to track it down, I found a file called orainst.map in the orainst directory on the CD which appears to contain a list of files the oraisnt program looks for. For starters, the oraisnt file itself is named orainst. (including ending "."). The following files (in the orainst directory) also had names other th

an what the map file calls for:

orainst (orainst. on cd)
oitape (oitape. on cd)
opendev (opendev. on cd)

tk2_vt100.res (tk2_vt10.res on cd)
tk2_at386.res (tk2_at38.res on cd)
tk2_ncd220.res (tk2_ncd2.res on cd)
tk2_wyse50.res (tk2_wyse.res on cd)
tk2_ibm3151.res (tk2_ibm3.res on cd)

Has anyone else experienced similar troubles? This would appear to be a defective oraisnt.map file, OR a bad CD. The files which do exist on the CD appear to conform to the 8.3 file name convention... strange.

Any help at all would be appreciated (Oracle tech supprt is SLOW returning my calls).

Ken Melcher
kmelcher_at_edm.arco.com Received on Thu Mar 04 1993 - 22:03:27 CET

Original text of this message