Re: JAM & Oracle (& MOTIF builder)

From: jhs <jhs_at_n8ppd001.DOMAIN.NOT.SET>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1993 13:37:38 GMT

|>I am interested in getting some feedback from anyone that has used JAM from
|>Jyacc to access an Oracle (or any others for that matter) database. I am
|>particularly interested in anyone who could compare/contrast the product
|>with SQL*Forms, but I would welcome any other comments about your impression
|>of JAM - i.e. ease of use, problems encountered, Jyacc Tech Support (good/bad?), etc.

We have been using JAM as the fornt end to our Oracle databases for about 3 years now. We have been very pleased. The product has been extended so that is supports a character or GUI (MOTIF, Windows) user interface with the same resource file.

You can access the database using C functions (embedded SQL or the Oracle API[OCI]) or they have SQL extensions to their script language which allow making database calls directly.

We evaluated and purchased JAM initially because we did not like (ie: hated) SQL*Forms. I haven't seen anything in Forms 3 that would influence me to change our decision.

john Received on Thu Mar 04 1993 - 14:37:38 CET

Original text of this message