Re: shared memeory in Oracle7 beta

From: Alan Beal <alanb_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 93 08:21:00 EST

In a previous article, I write:
> We are using Oracle7 (7.0.9) on AIX 3.2. I have set up the oracle
> userid and dba group, and with root and oracle, I am able to
> connect to the oracle database. However, other users get shared
> memory permission errors when they try to connect using an userid
> other than root or oracle. Is there a workaround for this?

Many people have sent me mail, telling people to make sure the permission on the oracle executable was 4755. After fixing this and changing the umask when I run SQL*DBA, the best I can get is -rw-rw---- on shared memory with oracle as the owner and dba as the group. Are there any other Oracle executables that must be setuid? Any other suggestions?

Alan Beal         alanb_at_owgvm0.vnet.ibm.com
                  (607)751-2026