Updating multiple tables thru' OCI(Oracle Call Interface)

From: Monisha <monisha_at_pms913.pms.ford.com>
Date: 2 Mar 1993 16:19:02 GMT

Hello Oracle Users,

        We're working with a large application using UNIX/MOTIF.The application accesses remote ORACLE Database thru' OCI calls and presents screens to the user. These screens are composed of columns from multiple tables. We would then need to update the multiple tables using OCI calls again. Since we are using OCI we cannot use Sql*Forms to generate triggers to perform updates on each associated table. Is using WorkTables the way to go?We are also evaluating an approach using "SQL subselects". Has anyone used either approaches? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx,
monisha

monisha_at_pms913.pms.ford.com Received on Tue Mar 02 1993 - 17:19:02 CET

Original text of this message