Update long > 255 characters from SQL*Plus.

From: Mike Sadowski <msadowsk_at_Teknowledge.COM>
Date: 2 Mar 93 21:51:43 GMT

Hello -

I'm trying to update a long field with strings greater than 255 characters. Since I can't have a literal greater than 255 characters I'm trying to use the concatenation operator || to cons up a bunch of pieces. I don't receive an error on update but the value seems to get truncated when stored.

Other than bind variables is there any means available using SQL*Plus to stuff more than 255 characters in a long field? I'm using the 6.0.30 release.

Please respond by e-mail to msadowsk_at_teknowledge.com since our news feed is way behind.

Thanks in advance, Mike Received on Tue Mar 02 1993 - 22:51:43 CET

Original text of this message