Re: Why use OCI when there's Pro*C ?

From: Garth Kennedy <garth_at_.comm.mot.com>
Date: 28 Feb 93 00:52:10 GMT

In article <C32Ezy.116_at_sugar.neosoft.com> mmarolda_at_NeoSoft.com (Mike Marolda) writes:
>In article <C30G2J.Avv_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk> smj@jbecpor.demon.co.uk (Martin Jarvis) writes:
>>Why do people use C and OCI when they could use Pro*C ?
>>What can you do with OCI that you cant do in Pro*C ?
>>
>>These are questions I have asked many times but can find no answer.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Martin

 ... stuff deleted ...

>3) I've heard (but haven't established for myself) that one gets better
> peformance from the OCI calls.

I have also heard this but my experience has not indicated a significant difference. It is a matter of personal preference, although if you have to deal with people that dont take time to learn SQL*Plus is less confusing.

| Garth Kennedy       garth_at_comm.mot.com     Voice (708) 576-3786  |
| Private Trunked Systems Div. Motorola Inc. FAX (708) 576-6028 |