Re: Why use OCI when there's Pro*C ?

From: <rhari_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1993 14:20:55 GMT

In article <52093_at_seismo.CSS.GOV>, jean_at_seismo.CSS.GOV (Jean Anderson) writes:

> PRO*C: - No #defines, #typedefs, or structures (I thought I heard support
> for structures might be coming some time soon?).

With version 2.0 of Pro*C

> - Node name has to be hardcoded; i.e. you can't do
> EXEC SQL AT :db_name SELECT ....
> I heard this is supposed to change in a future precompiler release.

This is in PCC 1.4 and 1.5

> - Host variables cannot be parameters to a function.

They can be passed if you use K&R style of passing parameters to C functions and not the ANSI style.

E.g.

void abc (x, y)
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
varchar x [100];
int y;
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;
{
}

Radhakrishna Hari
rhari_at_us.oracle.com Received on Sat Feb 27 1993 - 15:20:55 CET

Original text of this message