Reading and applying oracle patches from tape....

From: Darrell Pettyjohn <dpettyjo_at_post.RoyalRoads.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1993 19:49:30 GMT

  I received a patch tape for Oracle V6.0.36. The tape is:

  HP9000/7xx HP UX 8.0
RDBMS 1192 Fix (FOR BUG 130548)

     V6.0.36.1.1

  Following is the command I used to read the tape and the error message I received:

  %tcio -i /dev/rmt/0m | cpio -iuvcdm patch   tcio(1013): cannot set tape options /dev/rmt/0m; errno 22   End of volume
  errno: 0, Can't read input

  Can anyone shed a little light? What does this patch fix? Also IS there a FAQfor this list and if so where can I get a copy.

                                          Thanks in advance.

                                         Darrell M. Pettyjohn
                                     Royal Roads Military College
                                         Victoria B.C. Canada